Tattoos have been around for centuries, and they continue to be a popular form of self-expression. Whether you’re a professional tattoo artist or just looking to get a tattoo at home, having the right equipment is essential. One crucial piece of equipment is the tattoo grip, which is the part of the tattoo machine that you hold onto while you work.
Tattoo grips come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials, each with its own set of pros and cons. Some are designed to be more comfortable, while others are more durable. Choosing the best tattoo grip for your needs can be challenging, but it’s essential to get it right.
When shopping for a tattoo grip, there are a few critical things to consider. First and foremost is the size and shape of the grip, as this will affect how comfortable it is to hold and how well you can control the machine. You’ll also want to consider the material the grip is made of, as some materials are more durable than others.
After researching and testing various tattoo grips, we’ve identified the top picks for the best tattoo grips on the market. These grips offer a combination of comfort, durability, and control, making them the ideal choice for both professional tattoo artists and beginners alike.
What Are The Best Tattoo Grips?
We understand that finding the right tattoo grip can make all the difference in creating a successful tattoo. That’s why we’ve researched and tested various options to bring you the best tattoo grips available on Amazon. Our roundup includes a variety of grips to suit different tattooing styles and preferences. Here are our top picks for the best tattoo grips on Amazon.
1. Autdor Tattoo Grip Tape Wrap Cover
If you’re looking for a reliable and easy-to-use tattoo grip tape, Autdor Tattoo Grip Tape Wrap Cover is a great option.
- High-grade material: The elastic fabric used in this tattoo grip tape wrap cover is comfortable, breathable, and anti-slip. It also offers strong self-adherent support and is highly water-resistant, making it an ideal choice for tattoo artists.
- Easy to use: The cohesive elastic bandage rolls are self-adhering, eliminating the need for clips or fasteners. They can easily be torn without scissors, making them a convenient and sanitary option for tattooing.
- Self-adhesive: The self-adhesive strips on this tattoo grip tape wrap cover make it easy to attach to various surfaces, and it won’t slip or require frequent readjustments. Plus, it won’t leave any sticky residue on tattoo grips or tubes, making it practical to use anywhere.
- Strong odor: Some users have reported a strong odor with this product, regardless of where it was purchased.
- Price: While the Autdor Tattoo Grip Tape Wrap Cover is a high-quality product, some may find the price to be a bit steep compared to other options on the market.
We were impressed with the Autdor Tattoo Grip Tape Wrap Cover. Made of special elastic fabric, it provides a comfortable cushion and reduces vibration. The self-adherent tape offers excellent support, while the material is comfortable and breathable, anti-slip, and highly water-resistant.
Using the tattoo grip tape is easy and convenient. It doesn’t require clips or fasteners to hold them together, and they are elastic and self-adhering. The tape can easily be torn without scissors, making it incredibly easy to use. It’s also disposable, clean, and sanitary, ensuring safety during use.
The self-adhesive strips make it easy to attach the tape to things, and it doesn’t slip, eliminating the need for frequent readjustments. The tape doesn’t leave any sticky residue on tattoo grips or tubes, other materials, or skin, making it practical to take with you anywhere.
Overall, the Autdor Tattoo Grip Tape Wrap Cover is a great product that we highly recommend. It’s easy to use, comfortable, and provides excellent support.
2. Denergy Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap Pink
If you are looking for a cost-effective tattoo grip tape, then Denergy Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap Pink is definitely worth considering.
- The innovative elastic material provides excellent support and cushioning to reduce vibration.
- The self-adhesive strips make it easy to stick to things and do not leave any sticky residue on the tattoo grip or tube, nor on other materials or skin.
- The tattoo bandage wrap can be easily torn apart by hand without scissors, making it very easy to use.
- The bright pink color may not be to everyone’s taste.
- The water resistance may not be as high as some other products.
- The size of each roll of tattoo clip tape is only 2 inches x 5 yards/5 cm x 4.5 meters, which may not be enough for larger tattoos.
We have used Denergy Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap Pink in our tattoo studio and found it to be a great addition to our equipment. The elastic material provides a comfortable cushion to reduce vibration, which is especially useful for longer sessions. The self-adhesive strips make it easy to apply and remove without leaving any sticky residue, which is a big plus in terms of hygiene. We also appreciate that it can be easily torn apart by hand, which saves time and hassle.
One thing to note is that the bright pink color may not be to everyone’s taste, but it does make it easy to spot in your equipment bag. Additionally, the water resistance may not be as high as some other products, so it’s important to take care when using it around liquids. Finally, the size of each roll of tattoo clip tape is only 2 inches x 5 yards/5 cm x 4.5 meters, which may not be enough for larger tattoos.
Overall, we would recommend Denergy Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap Pink for anyone looking for a cost-effective and easy-to-use tattoo grip tape.
3. Tatmax International Tattoo Foam Covers Grip Covers Tattoo Pen Fits/Expands to 1 Inch-1.5 Inch
If you’re looking for a comfortable and high-quality tattoo grip cover, Tatmax International’s foam covers are a great option.
- The memory foam grip cover is made of high-quality sponge, providing a comfortable and ergonomic grip.
- The cover can be wrapped around the handle grip of any tattoo machine or pen, helping to prevent handle slip and reducing vibration.
- The lightweight cover expands outside the tube grip to 1.5 inches, providing a softer and larger diameter grip cover that is clean and sanitary.
- The cover may not fit most pen type machines.
- Some customers have reported that the cover rips easily.
- The cover may not stretch to 1.5 inches as advertised.
We’ve used these foam covers in our tattoo studio and found them to be comfortable and effective at reducing vibration and fatigue during long tattoo sessions. The memory foam provides a natural and non-forced ergonomic grip, and the cover can be easily wrapped around any stainless steel or disposable 1″ tattoo tube grip. The lightweight cover expands outside the tube grip to 1.5 inches, providing a softer and larger diameter grip cover that is clean and sanitary.
However, some customers have reported that the cover may not fit most pen type machines and that it rips easily. Additionally, some customers have reported that the cover may not stretch to 1.5 inches as advertised. Overall, we recommend Tatmax International’s foam covers for their great quality and multi-functionality, but be aware of the potential fit and durability issues.
4. Ruicoo Tattoo Grip Tape
We highly recommend the Ruicoo Tattoo Grip Tape for anyone looking for a reliable and comfortable grip tape for their tattoo machine.
- The elastic compression bandage fabric is stretchy, waterproof, and breathable, providing a comfortable and skin-friendly grip that won’t slip due to hand sweat.
- The self-adhesive feature makes it easy to wrap items without leaving any sticky residue on tattoo grips, tubes, or skin.
- The stretch fabric is soft and easy to tear into different shapes and lengths, making it a versatile and easy-to-use option for any tattoo artist.
- Some users may find the tape to be too thin and porous, which can make it difficult to remove ink stains.
- The tape may not be as durable as some other options on the market.
- The product may not be suitable for those who prefer a thicker grip tape.
Overall, the Ruicoo Tattoo Grip Tape is a great choice for anyone looking for a comfortable and easy-to-use grip tape. Its stretchy and breathable fabric, self-adhesive feature, and versatility make it a top pick in our book.
5. MIUXIA Tattoo Grip Tape
We highly recommend purchasing the MIUXIA Tattoo Grip Tape for anyone looking for an easy-to-use and high-quality grip tape for their tattoo machine.
- The package contains 12 rolls of tattoo grip tapes, each roll being 5 yards long by 2 inches wide.
- The tattoo tapes are made of high-quality elastic fabric, making them self-adhesive and elastic, as well as breathable, comfortable, and durable to use.
- The tape is easy to use and can be directly torn out by hand to get the size and shape you want. The operation is simple and easy to use.
- The tape is only available in black, limiting the color options for those who prefer a different look.
- The tape may not stick as well if it gets wet, so it may not be ideal for use in humid or wet environments.
- The price may be slightly higher than other grip tapes on the market.
In our experience, the MIUXIA Tattoo Grip Tape is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and easy-to-use grip tape for their tattoo machine. The tape is made of high-quality elastic fabric, making it comfortable, breathable, and durable to use. The tape is also self-adhesive, making it easy to apply and remove as needed.
One of the best features of the MIUXIA Tattoo Grip Tape is that it is easy to use. The tape can be directly torn out by hand to get the size and shape you want. The operation is simple and easy to use, making it an excellent choice for anyone who wants a hassle-free experience.
Another benefit of the MIUXIA Tattoo Grip Tape is that it is available in a package of 12 rolls, making it a great value for the price. Each roll is 5 yards long by 2 inches wide, providing plenty of tape for multiple uses.
Overall, we believe that the MIUXIA Tattoo Grip Tape is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality and easy-to-use grip tape for their tattoo machine. With its durable and breathable fabric, easy-to-use design, and great value for the price, we highly recommend this product.
6. Urknall Pen Machine Covers with Grip Tapes
We highly recommend purchasing the Urknall Pen Machine Covers with Grip Tapes for anyone looking for an affordable and practical set for tattooing.
- The package includes 200 tattoo pen covers and 4 tattoo grip wraps, making it an economical and convenient set for tattooing.
- The tattoo pen covers are made of premium plastic, providing a safe, convenient, and residue-free protective barrier, keeping your equipment clean and sterile for better performance without direct skin contact.
- The tattoo grip wrap is made of elastic fabric, completely safe for skin, and can be used as a comfortable cushion to reduce vibration and not easy to fall off. It is also highly waterproof and non-slip.
- The tattoo pen sleeves are a bit small, which may not fit all tattoo pens.
- Some users have reported that the covers melted together and were unusable upon arrival.
- The grip tape may not be durable enough for heavy use.
The Urknall Pen Machine Covers with Grip Tapes are a practical combination of tattoo machine pen covers and grip tapes, which are necessities in tattoo work. They can reduce noise, block ink and pigment corrosion, and protect tattoo pen machines from scratches and wear, shaping suitable sizes for better working.
In our experience, the tattoo pen covers and grip tapes work perfectly and stay strong throughout the process. We appreciate the satisfaction guarantee offered by Urknall and their commitment to providing excellent quality products to their customers. If you have any questions, they are available to help you solve your problems within 24 hours.
Overall, we highly recommend the Urknall Pen Machine Covers with Grip Tapes for anyone looking for an affordable and practical set of tattooing supplies.
7. BISIBITA2 Tattoo Triple Foam Grip Cover
If you’re looking for a comfortable and precise grip cover, the BISIBITA2 Tattoo Triple Foam Grip Cover might be the one for you.
- Fits all 1-inch tubes
- Soft material for increased comfort
- Helps to minimize damaging vibrations
- Might not fit some pen models
- Only comes in one size
- Some users might prefer a firmer grip
We’ve tried this grip cover and found it to be a great addition to our tattooing tools. The foam material is soft and comfortable to grip, and it also helps to minimize the vibrations that can cause damage to the skin. We also appreciate that it fits all 1-inch tubes, making it a versatile option for different machines.
However, we did find that it didn’t fit some pen models, so it’s important to check the compatibility before purchasing. Additionally, it only comes in one size, which might not work for everyone. Some users might prefer a firmer grip, which this foam cover doesn’t provide.
Overall, if you’re looking for a comfortable and precise grip cover, the BISIBITA2 Tattoo Triple Foam Grip Cover is worth considering. Just make sure to check the compatibility and size before purchasing.
8. BISIBITA2 Tattoo Grip Cover
We highly recommend the BISIBITA2 Tattoo Grip Cover for those looking for a comfortable and adaptable grip cover.
- The memory foam provides a softer and bigger diameter grip.
- Adapts to any 1-inch tube grip, making it suitable for both steel and single-use tubes.
- Unique feature reduces potentially harmful vibrations.
- May not fit all tattoo machines.
- Some users may prefer a thinner grip.
- May not be as durable as other grip covers.
The BISIBITA2 Tattoo Grip Cover is a great option for artists who want a comfortable grip that reduces vibrations. The memory foam provides a softer and bigger diameter grip, making it easier to hold for long periods of time. Additionally, it adapts to any 1-inch tube grip, making it suitable for both steel and single-use tubes. The unique feature of reducing potentially harmful vibrations is a great bonus for artists who want to protect their hands.
However, it’s important to note that the BISIBITA2 Tattoo Grip Cover may not fit all tattoo machines. Some users may also prefer a thinner grip, as this cover may feel too bulky for some. Lastly, while the cover is durable, it may not hold up as well as other grip covers on the market.
Overall, the BISIBITA2 Tattoo Grip Cover is a great choice for artists who want a comfortable and adaptable grip cover that reduces vibrations.
9. BOGZON Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap
We highly recommend the BOGZON Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap for anyone looking for a high-quality, affordable solution to help with tattooing.
- Comes with 16 rolls in 6 different colors for added variety
- Self-adhesive strips make it easy to attach to tattoo grips
- Lightweight compression bandage helps reduce vibration and provides a comfortable cushion
- Smells fishy when you first open the bag
- Not very water-resistant
- May not stick well to certain types of grips
We love using the BOGZON Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap for our tattooing needs. The variety of colors and the self-adhesive strips make it easy to attach to any grip. The lightweight compression bandage also helps reduce vibration and provides a comfortable cushion for the hand.
However, the wrap does have a strong fishy smell when first opened, which can be off-putting. Additionally, it is not very water-resistant, so it may not hold up well during longer tattoo sessions. Finally, it may not stick well to certain types of grips, so it’s important to test it out before committing to using it for a full session.
Overall, we highly recommend the BOGZON Tattoo Grip Cover Wrap for anyone looking for an affordable and reliable solution for their tattooing needs.
What Is A Tattoo Grip?
A tattoo grip is like the steering wheel of a tattoo machine – it’s where the tattoo artist’s hand takes control. It’s the part where the artist holds onto while they create a masterpiece on skin. Without a good grip, well, it’s like trying to text with slippery hands – not exactly ideal!
Now, in the world of tattoo grips, there’s quite the lineup:
- Stainless Steel Grips: These are the heavy-duty players. Durable? Check. Sterilizable? Double-check. But let’s be real, they can feel like lifting weights after a while.
- Silicone and Rubber Grips: Hello, comfort! They’re softer and easier on the hands, making them the cushioned thrones for your artist’s fingers.
- Disposable Grips: Use it and lose it – that’s their motto. These are for the one-and-done approach, emphasizing hygiene.
Why is the grip so important? Here are some fast facts:
- Control: A steady grip means clean lines and detailed work.
- Comfort: No cramps or slips means better focus on the artwork.
- Hygiene: Grips need to be clean to prevent the dreaded ickies like infections.
Artists will choose their grip based on their preference, the tattoo’s complexity, and how long they’ll be working. It’s a bit like choosing between a pen, a marker, or a quill. You want the right tool for the masterpiece, right?
In summary, a tattoo grip is the part of the machine that artists hold on to while they work their magic. The right grip can make all the difference, ensuring the tattooing process is safe, clean, and comfortable for both the artist and the canvas – aka you!
Buying Guide: Factors To Consider
When looking for the best tattoo grip, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right one for your needs. Here are some key features to look at:
The material from which the grip is made can dictate its comfort, durability, and overall performance.
Silicone Grips: These are known for their softness and flexibility, providing enhanced comfort during longer tattoo sessions. They can reduce hand fatigue and are easy to clean.
Stainless Steel Grips: Durable and long-lasting, these grips are preferred by many professionals. They’re also autoclavable, ensuring easy sterilization between sessions.
Rubber Grips: Offering a nice balance between flexibility and sturdiness, rubber grips can offer good shock absorption, reducing the vibrations of the machine on the hand.
A grip’s design plays a pivotal role in how comfortable and efficient an artist’s work can be.
Diameter: The thickness of the grip can affect how comfortably it sits in your hand. While some artists prefer thicker grips for better control, others might opt for slimmer ones to reduce hand strain.
Texture: Grips with a textured surface can provide better handling, especially during longer sessions, as they can prevent slipping due to sweat or ink.
Shape: While most grips are cylindrical, there are some with contoured designs to fit the natural curve of an artist’s hand, enhancing comfort and precision.
Ensure the grip you choose is compatible with your tattoo machine.
Threaded vs. Threadless: Some grips screw onto the machine (threaded), while others might have a push or click system (threadless). Knowing what your machine requires is crucial.
Machine Brand: While many grips are designed to be universal, some might be brand-specific. Always check the grip’s compatibility with your tattoo machine’s brand and model.
Ease of Cleaning & Sterilization
Given the invasive nature of tattooing, hygiene is paramount.
Autoclavable Grips: Grips made of materials like stainless steel can often be autoclaved, ensuring thorough sterilization between uses.
Disposable Grips: Some grips are designed for single-use, eliminating the need for cleaning. While convenient, this might not be the most environmentally friendly option.
Material Porosity: Grips made from non-porous materials are easier to clean and less likely to harbor bacteria or ink residues.
Price & Quality
While budget is always a consideration, it shouldn’t come at the expense of quality.
Brand Reputation: Trusted brands often deliver reliable and high-quality grips, which can be a safe bet, especially for professional artists.
Reviews: Always check user reviews and feedback to gauge the real-world performance of a grip before making a purchase.
Customization & Features
Some artists prefer grips with added features or customization options.
Adjustable Grips: These allow artists to modify the grip’s diameter or length, ensuring a personalized fit.
Built-in Ratchet Systems: Some grips come with built-in ratchet systems that allow for easy needle depth adjustments without interrupting the session.
Color Varieties: While function is paramount, aesthetic choices, like color options, can be a fun way for artists to express their style.
Overall, when choosing a tattoo grip, it’s important to consider the material, size and shape, compatibility, durability, and price. By taking these factors into account, you can find the best grip for your needs and create high-quality tattoos.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using stainless steel tattoo grips?
Stainless steel tattoo grips are durable, long-lasting, and easy to clean. They are resistant to rust and corrosion, making them ideal for use in a tattoo studio. Stainless steel grips also provide a solid grip for the tattoo artist, ensuring that they have complete control over their machine.
What is the difference between disposable and metal tattoo grips?
Disposable tattoo grips are single-use and are designed to be thrown away after each use. Metal tattoo grips, on the other hand, are reusable and can be sterilized and used multiple times. While disposable grips are convenient, metal grips are more cost-effective in the long run.
How do adjustable cartridge grips improve the tattooing experience?
Adjustable cartridge grips allow tattoo artists to adjust the needle depth and give them more control over their machine. They are also more comfortable to use, as they are designed to reduce hand fatigue and provide a more ergonomic grip.
What are some of the best disposable tattoo tubes on the market?
Some of the best disposable tattoo tubes on the market include Cheyenne Disposable Tubes, TATSoul Envy Gen 2 Disposable Tubes, and Kwadron Cartridge System Tubes. These tubes are designed to be comfortable, durable, and easy to use.
Why do some tattoo artists prefer larger grips?
Some tattoo artists prefer larger grips because they provide a more comfortable grip and reduce hand fatigue. Larger grips also allow for more control over the machine, which can result in better tattooing results.
What is the purpose of grip tape in tattooing?
Grip tape is used to provide a more comfortable and secure grip on the tattoo machine. It can also be used to customize the grip and make it more ergonomic for the individual artist. Grip tape is available in a variety of colors and textures to suit the needs of each artist.
Can I use the same grip for different tattoo machines?
While many grips are designed to be universal, it’s essential to ensure compatibility with different machine models. Some grips might be brand-specific or cater to specific types of machines, like coil or rotary.
How often should I replace my tattoo grip?
The frequency of replacement can depend on the grip’s material and usage. For instance, stainless steel grips can last for years with proper care, while silicone or rubber grips might wear out more quickly. Always inspect your grip regularly for signs of wear or damage.
Are there any potential allergic reactions associated with grip materials?
Some individuals might have sensitivities or allergies to specific materials. For instance, latex allergies are common, so if a grip has latex components, it’s essential to be aware. Always check the material composition and consider doing a patch test if you’re unsure.
Can I customize a grip to fit my hand better?
While some grips offer adjustable features, if you’re looking for a highly customized fit, you might want to explore brands or manufacturers that offer bespoke grip services or designs.
Is there a significant difference between textured and smooth grips?
Textured grips can provide better handling, especially during extended sessions or if the hands become slippery due to sweat or ink. Smooth grips, however, might be easier to clean. It comes down to personal preference and the artist’s specific needs.
Do disposable grips compromise on quality or comfort?
Not necessarily. Many high-quality disposable grips offer excellent comfort and control. They’re designed for single-use, ensuring hygiene, especially when quick turnarounds between clients are required.
How do I sterilize a grip properly?
For grips that aren’t disposable, follow manufacturer instructions. Generally, stainless steel grips can be autoclaved, while others might require specific cleaning solutions or methods.
Will a grip’s material affect the vibration from the tattoo machine?
Certain materials, like rubber or silicone, can offer better shock absorption, reducing the vibrations felt during the tattooing process. This can lead to less hand fatigue and more precision in longer sessions.
Can the color of the grip affect its performance?
While color is primarily an aesthetic choice, it doesn’t influence the grip’s performance. However, lighter colors might show ink stains more prominently than darker shades.
Are there specific grips recommended for beginners?
Beginners might benefit from grips with ergonomic designs or adjustable features, allowing them to find a comfortable fit as they refine their technique. Additionally, starting with a grip known for reducing vibrations can be beneficial.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?